Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Still Young at Heart

Jan. 25, 2006. 01:00 AM
PETER HOWELL

PARK CITY,Utah—Canadian rock icon Neil Young says he's worried about Stephen Harper's election because the new Prime Minister is too much a fan of U.S. President George W. Bush.

"I understand we've got like a Bush subordinate in there now," Young told the Star.

"That's unfortunate. But he's got a minority, right? So we can get rid of him pretty soon."


Young, who retains his Canadian citizenship and hasn't become an American despite long-time residency in California, said he didn't cast a vote. He tends not to vote for anything.

"I don't follow it that much," he admits. "I'm guilty of not being a conscientious citizen in that way.

"It's too hard to stay connected with all these different places where I live. I see myself more of a citizen of the planet than I do a citizen of any country. Although I'm proud to be a Canadian and I'll never be anything else."

Young knows enough about Harper and the Conservatives, however, to be worried about what they might do in power.

"I'm worried about anybody who thinks Bush is on the right track in any way. And I understand this guy has displayed a few of those qualities. I'm worried about him." [...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home