Saturday, April 23, 2005

Trimming a Cat's Nails: cruel and unusual punishment?

My human took me to the vet last week to spare from being at the mercy of biochemical urges and litters of unwanted kittens every few months. And even though I'm a real gentle sweetheart at home, the claws come out when I'm manhandled by uncaring strangers in white coats. So, when she got me back I had no claws, they had been all clipped off.

It was weird trying to walk and maintain my balance without being able to grip for support. What kind of vets are afraid of the claws of a nine month old kitten? Well, my human assures me that they will grow back razor sharp and ready for shredding the furniture in no time.

For now I sleep on the office chair at 3:00 in the morning as she finally turns off the mysterious glowing box, so that we may retire to the feather bed together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home